Cairns Base Hospital
Abi Group were successful in their tender to work with Queensland Health in redeveloping the Cairns Base Hospital to provide a new Clinical Services Building.
According to Queensland Health, the redevelopment of the Cairns Hospital is to provide improved health services in the areas of:
- an ambulatory cancer care centre with a new radiation oncology service (completed 2011)
- additional cardiac care facilities
- additional surgical capacity including day surgery
- expanded intensive care capacity (completed 2012)
- expanded birthing services and special care nursery (completed 2013)
- a new low-risk Family Birth Centre
- additional aged care and rehabilitation services
- additional beds for mental health services
- new pathology facilities
For more information, contact HPS Contractors today on 07 4035 1755.