- Immediate start
- High profile projects
- Based in Cairns
HPS Contractors is searching for qualified plumbers to join its team currently contracted to work on a number of high profile construction projects being undertaken in the Cairns CBD.
At HPS Contractors we’re a proud equal opportunity employer and pay above award rates.
Who we're looking for
Successful candidates will be qualified and committed plumbers who are comfortable working in a physically demanding environment, focussed on delivering quality work safely and efficiently. They will have access to reliable transport to and from work and hold a current driver’s licence. Successful applicants will report to the site supervisor.
Skills / Selection Criteria
- Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities
- Handle and store plumbing materials
- Use plumbing hand and power tools
- Carry out levelling
- Mark out materials
- Weld using oxy-acetylene equipment
- Weld using arc welding equipment
- Carry out simple concreting and rendering
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls
- Weld plastic pipe using fusion method
- Fabricate and install non-ferrous pressure piping
- Fabricate and install fire hydrant and hose reel systems
- Install domestic and residential life safety sprinkler systems
- Work safely on roofs
- Set out and install water services
- Install and adjust water service controls and devices
- Install and commission water heating systems
- Install water pump sets
- Fit off and commission hot and cold water services
- Connect irrigation systems from drinking water supply
- Dig underground for sewage and drainage systems
- Apply first aid in the workplace
- Own tools
- Use laser/shoot a level
- Working at Heights
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com
About HPS Contractors
HPS Contractors is a respected, award winning team of multi-disciplinary trade professionals known for its ability to deliver complex and specialist jobs like no other local provider.
HPS Contractors is the preferred trade contractor for some of Australia’s largest construction companies, developers and investors, providing construction and project management, plumbing, roofing, glazing, sheetmetal, heights safety and cutting solutions services under the one roof.